Golden Dawn Updates
For those that are unaware (I haven’t had chance to scour the blogs I follow to see what has been posted) but shit has pretty much hit the fan in Greece:
It turns out the AntiFa rap singer (who was killed after a Football-related argument) was murdered by a former confirmed communist party member:
His membership card was found and filed as evidence, his former boss testified for his connections with the CPG.
In this video below is his boss on TV saying that he was involved in the "left space," and that he only became involved with Golden Dawn after a joining their unemployment program:
- The offices in Patras have been bombed, and in the city of Chania they are also under attack:
- The Police have entered every office of Golden Dawn in Greece [see pic above: confiscated items; apparently Greek flags are not allowed] and they are questioning all of the leadership.
- The police have also entered several houses of GD members - after the cops finish their investigation anarchists attack and try to set fire to the houses.
- They are preparing a law to ban Golden Dawn, announced by the Minister of Civilian Protection.
- 5 GD members from Salonica are sent to prison for 10 months, including a 17-year-old in what were rushed trials.
- Around 20+ GD members have been arrested so far.
Golden Dawn just took a big hit and they’re throwing everything at them to halt their rise. GD do have connections in the military and with high ranking officers, since the charges came out about the GD MP’s some in the army have made an announcement issuing demands, calling on the people to join them and for the government to resign:
Among the 15 demands are (using Google’s translation):
-immediate resignation of the government
-resignation of the president
-national unity government under the President of Supreme Court and personalities of renowned principles but outside the political scene as well as counselors of the Academy of Athens.
-suspension of the austerity loan agreement
-exclude all politicians who participated in governments that brought the country into economic collapse
- establishment of a Constitutional Court
- investigation committee consisting of high ranking judges who will investigate who and why brought the country to this stage as well as rendering of accountability.
-suspension of further taxation to annual income up to 25,000 euro.
-stop of lay-offs in the public sector.
-suspension of auctions and bank claims until the Completion Audit of Banks by Certified Public Accountants and accountability.
- denouncement of the odious debt.
-prohibition of sales of public property and resume operation of Defense Industries.
- immediate confiscation of German retails/businesses/companies, full compensation for WWII war reparations and occupation loan.
-lifting of the lawmakers’ immunity.
-the control of assets of those involved in economic positions of government, prosecute illicit enrichment and return to the state Efficiency to the State.
- protection from Hostile Elongation at the Aegean Sea, Macedonia, Epirus , Thrace and Cyprus , with parallel suppression of various groups operating in these areas.
-removal of illegal immigrants with a parallel promotion in European countries. Ban the of money transfer abroad more than 20% of their (immigrants) taxable income.
The KEED sees the Armed Forces as institutional warrantor of all the above demands and calls on security forces to secure the implementation of the above and the smooth transfer to actual constitutional legality.”
GD do have an option up their sleeve - their MP’s can resign and lead the country to elections once again - but if they resign they will lose parliamentary immunity, but that is going to be lifted anyway.
More footage on ensuing chaos, Golden Dawn members being arrested:
For now the newsroom (English source for Golden Dawn updates) is still up: